BLT caprese sliders on puff pastry buns
Food is just more fun when it’s bite-sized, isn’t it? Everyone will love these BLT sliders with an Italian twist.
Bite-size is better
Food is just more fun when it's bite-size, isn't it? Everyone will love these BLT sliders with an Italian twist.
Combine a classic BLT sandwich with an Italian caprese salad for a perfect bite on light and airy puff pastry buns. We bet you won't be able to eat just one!
BLT caprese sliders on puff pastry buns recipe
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 20 spinach leaves
- 4 balls fresh mozzarella (we used bocconcini)
- 10 slices of bacon, cooked and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry to approximately 14-1/2 inches by 16-1/2 inches. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 20 circles. Repeat for the second puff pastry sheet.
- Brush each puff pastry circle with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt. Transfer the circles to the baking sheet, butter side up. (You may need to bake in batches.)
- Bake for 16-19 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While the puff pastry is baking, cut each mozzarella ball into 5 slices. Cut the ends off the tomatoes and cut into 20 1/4-inch slices.
- Once the puff pastry has cooled, assemble the sliders. Take one puff pastry round and spread it with about 1/4 teaspoon of pesto sauce. Top with a tomato slice, then a spinach leaf, then mozzarella slice, then slice of bacon and top the entire thing with another puff pastry round. Secure with a skewer, if desired. Repeat for remaining sliders.
- Serve immediately.