Splash your cabernet in a pan of sausages and cook one of the simplest and quickest appetizers that you can create in a few minutes. You will love the taste of wine both in this dish and in your glass.
Sausage and onions are well-known partners. When you add some good red wine, the dish comes out even better. Enjoy a glass of wine with this simple and delicious appetizer that takes just a few minutes to cook.
Sauteed sausage and onions with cabernet sauvignon
- 8 ounces bite-size sausages
- 1/4 cup cabernet sauvignon (or substitute another red wine)
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 medium onion, sliced to rings
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions for 1 minute.
- Add the sausages and toast for 8 minutes.
- Pour in the cabernet and wait for the alcohol to evaporate, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, then cook for another 10 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, season with the fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.