Avocados are all around us these days! Toss them in a salad with fresh fruit and a sweet-and-tangy dressing for a great, light meal.
Break free from your standard salad and toss up something a little different! This Meatless Monday recipe for spinach salad with avocados and strawberries is colorful and fun, not to mention delicious! The dressing brings together a sweet-and-tangy flavor that enhances the salad. This salad makes a great lunch or light dinner. For an added bite, toss in a few blue cheese crumbles.
Spinach salad with avocados and strawberries recipe
- 4-6 ounces spinach leaves, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4-6 strawberries, cleaned and sliced, divided
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, as garnish
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Combine the sugar, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Toss the spinach and strawberries in a medium bowl and divide between two serving plates.
- Gently add several avocado wedges to top the salad on each serving plate.
- Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the sesame seeds and optional blue cheese crumbles.
Toss up this salad!