Watermelon & jalapeño margaritas
Forget strawberry, sweet and sour and even mango margaritas this Cinco de Mayo and make this spicy yet sweet watermelon jalapeño one instead! Fruity with just a punch of spice, this will be your go-to sip to enjoy with your chips!
The key to making this margarita so it's delicious and not mouth burning is to remove all of the seeds from the jalapeño, unless you wish to spend your night with an ice pack on your mouth. But don't worry, you still get a fabulous kick from the actual pepper which complements the sweet candy flavor of the watermelon.
Watermelon and jalapeño margarita recipe
Recipe adapted from Domestic Fits
Serves about 4
- 4 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 1 jalapeño, chopped with seeds removed
- 1 cup tequila (we used Patron)
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- In a strong blender, add the watermelon chunks, jalapeño, tequila, triple sec, cranberry juice and lemon juice. Pulse until fully smooth.
- Rim jars or margarita glasses with sugar. Pour margaritas into glasses and enjoy!