Sunday Dinner: Hawaiian pizza
Head to Hawaii for dinner... or enjoy a Hawaiian pizza instead! Sweet, salty, tangy and cheesy, this pizza has it covered!
Sundays can be busy, and, when dinnertime rolls around, no one wants to spend a lot of time making a meal. Instead of dialing for pizza delivery, try this Hawaiian pizza for a Sunday dinner. It can be on the table to enjoy in about 15 minutes.
We used barbecue sauce for the added tanginess, but you can use tomato sauce if you prefer. The salty prosciutto paired with the sweet pineapple is a great match, and, because prosciutto is a cured meat, it's ready to eat at any time. This recipe makes a smaller, 8-inch pizza, but you can easily increase the ingredients a bit and use a larger pizza crust.
Hawaiian pizza recipe
- 1 (8 inch) prepared pizza shell
- 3 pieces prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 ounces pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza crust package directions.
- Spread the barbecue sauce across the top of the crust, just to the edges.
- Place the strips of prosciutto over the sauce and add the pineapple chunks evenly over the top.
- Add the mozzarella cheese over the other ingredients, and sprinkle on the red pepper flakes.
- Place a few pieces of prosciutto on top of the cheese, and bake according to the pizza crust directions, or until everything is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This pizza has pizzazz!