Looking for a cute dessert you can add to your Easter dinner menu? These adorable flower cupcakes are perfect since they don’t require much time and are a great use for all those jelly beans!
Not only are these great for Easter, they are perfect for any springtime party, like a bridal shower, brunch or kid’s birthday party. Whatever the occasion, these gorgeous cupcakes will be the center of attention.
Jelly bean flower cupcake recipe
Yields 24 cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Handful of sprinkles (optional)
- 1 can white vanilla frosting
- 3-4 bags jelly beans (we used Starburst flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, water and oil together until smooth (no lumps). Stir in sprinkles, if using.
- Pour batter into the muffin cavities, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, frost cupcakes. Pour the jelly beans into bowls by color. Then, starting on the outside rim, make a line of jelly beans (to make the outside petals). Then add another line of jelly beans inside of that (for the interior petal). Add a large yellow or orange jelly bean in the center. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and colors.