Enjoy different kinds of fish and vegetables grilled on a stick. It’s healthy, simple and it’s dinner!
Three diverse kinds of fish sandwiched by oranges, fennel, bay leaves and tomatoes make these fish and vegetable skewers an enjoyable treat with a multitude of flavors. A quick marinade of soy sauce, lime, ginger and sesame seeds gives a hint of surprise.
Tuna, salmon and swordfish skewers recipe
Yields 6 skewers
- 1 thick slice (about 8 ounces) swordfish
- 1 thick slice (about 8 ounces) tuna
- 1 thick slice (about 8 ounces) salmon
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fennel
- 1 orange
- 18 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 skewers (soaked in water a few minutes before using if skewers are made of wood)
- Divide each kind of fish into 6 slices. Divide fennel into 6 parts. Slice orange into 6 wedges with skin on.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, pepper and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a bigger bowl, marinade fish with the soy sauce mixture. Let it stand for at least 15 minutes.
- On every skewer, insert a slice of each kind of fish alternating with a slice of fennel, orange, a couple of tomatoes and bay leaves.
- Grill on an oven-top griddle or on the fire until cooked through.
- Serve hot.
More fish recipes
Grilled fish recipes
Italian-style baked fish with Parmesan
Caribbean coconut fish with tropical salsa
Leave a Comment