Caramel-stuffed chocolate crinkle cookies
When you bite into these cookies you will be surprised by the sticky and sweet caramel interior.
The caramel filling makes the classic chocolate crinkle cookie into something extra special.
Caramel-stuffed chocolate crinkle cookies recipe
Yields 2 dozen cookies
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla
- 2 dozen caramels
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition until combined. Stir in Mexican vanilla.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out, 2 tablespoons at a time, and roll into a ball. Press one caramel into the center and then fold cookie dough around the caramel.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Dip the tops of the cookies in powdered sugar, once they have cooled. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.