Let’s face it, life gets in the way sometimes and that can put a stop to eating a homemade lunch. These super-easy lunch recipes are perfect for on the go. The best thing is that they don’t need to be heated.
These simple delicious no-heat lunch ideas are perfect for busy moms, times when you are running late or if you simply need something to eat that can’t be reheated. What’s even better is that all three recipes can be made in advance so you literally can grab it and go.
Need ideas for the kids? Check out these school lunch and snack ideas >>
Easy pesto pasta salad recipe
- 1 box pasta, cooked as shown on the package
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add the mayonnaise and the pesto. Mix well and add in the cooked pasta. Toss gently so that you don’t break any of the pasta, making sure all of the pasta is evenly coated.
- Add in the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion and toss gently once more. Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to develop. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the top and serve.
Mediterranean veggie bagel sandwich recipe
Yields 1 sandwich
- 1 bagel (any flavor), sliced in half
- Hummus , any flavor
- Fresh baby spinach
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Tomato, sliced
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 slice havarti (because I love cheese)
- Feta, crumbled
- Spread a generous amount of hummus on one side of the bagel.
- Add the slice of havarti cheese and begin to layer all of the fresh veggies and top with a good sprinkle of the crumbled feta.
- Top with other half of the bagel.
Almond butter and honey sandwich recipe
Yields 1 sandwich
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Spread each slice of bread with the almond butter. Drizzle with honey and sandwich together.