Even though this gooey, ultra-cheesy spinach artichoke lasagna feeds about 10, you aren’t going to want to share any of it. Sure it may set you back more than your daily calorie goal, but after one bite, it’ll all be worth it.
Made from homemade Alfredo sauce, spinach, artichokes and a ton of cheese, this will instantly become your new go-to lasagna recipe. Store-bought doesn’t stand a chance against this decadent pasta dish.
Spinach artichoke lasagna
Serves about 10
For the lasagna:
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and rinsed
- 1 container part-skim ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- About 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
For the Alfredo spinach sauce:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup light milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) container frozen spinach, cooked
- 1 jar (14.5 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 14-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- To make the mushrooms, heat the 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To make the sauce, heat a large 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add butter and cream cheese. Heat until butter and cheese are halfway melted. Add milk and stir until mixture is thick and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and mix to combine. Heat an additional minute or until sauce is thick. Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms, spinach and artichokes.
- To make the lasagna, cover the bottle of the pan with sauce. Add lasagna noodles. Top noodles with ricotta and cheese mixture, spreading to cover with a spatula. Add more noodles and then top with sauce. Repeat until you are left with a layer of noodles. Top the noodles with the remaining sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. Serve immediately.