Pistachio-crusted shrimp with paprika
This is a recipe to keep in your arsenal whenever you need something quick, easy and unforgettably scrumptious.
Just the sound of the ingredients will make you stop and listen. Shrimp, pistachios, smoked paprika and orange zest. It's an interesting blend of diverse flavors that create a delicious harmonious effect.
Pistachio-crusted shrimp with paprika recipe
- 2 pounds shrimp (about 24 big pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1 cup ground pistachios (the coarser they are, the more they tend to fall off the shrimp)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (add more if needed)
- Shell and devein shrimp. Dry them with kitchen paper towels.
- Prepare a wide bowl for the pistachios and another one for the lightly whisked eggs.
- Dip a shrimp in the egg bowl then shake off excess. Cover it with pistachios and shake off excess. Repeat process until you finish all the shrimp.
- Sprinkle some paprika and salt on the shrimp.
- Heat a saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat, then brown both sides of the shrimp, about 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on the size of the shrimp) or until cooked through.
- Before serving, sprinkle with the orange zest. Best eaten when warm.