Coffee and chocolate pair perfectly, but are not often combined into a muffin.
These muffins are simple to make and they are packed with rich coffee and chocolate flavor. If you want to treat yourself, have one of these for breakfast with a foamy latte!
Cappuccino muffins with chocolate chunks
Recipe adapted from The Kitchy Kitchen
Yields 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk and coffee granules until coffee dissolves.
- Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Gently fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.