Want something a little fun for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration? Add this fun, brightly-colored layered cake in a jar to your Irish menu! Each jar is perfectly portioned for easy party eating.
Nothing pairs better with a hearty pint of Guinness than a slice of green cake, right? This bright green and festive layered cake in a jar is easy to make and even easier to eat. Plus, once you’re done eating out of the jar, you can fill it with beer!
St. Patrick’s Day layered cake in a jar
Yields 4 jars
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- Green food coloring
- 1 can white vanilla frosting (or homemade buttercream)
- Green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease two circular cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, canola oil and water. Add a few drops of food coloring to the bowl and mix until you get a bright green color. Pour the cake mix into the prepared pans and bake for about 25-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pan slightly, then remove and let cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, use the Mason jars to cut out circular shapes that will fit inside. Then, layer the cake with the frosting inside the jar, careful not to smudge the frosting.
- Finish the top of the jar with frosting and add fun sprinkles. Serve immediately.