Walnut streusel truffles
Whip up this special treat in no time with ingredients right out of the pantry.
This is one of those recipes that looks like you spent way more time on it than you really did. These little yummies are rich and delicious. The inside of the truffles is made with a streusel dough that tastes similar to cookie dough. Just serve them on a fancy dish, and no one will know how easy they were to make! Try serving them alongside a big bowl of your fave ice cream, too. You'll be so glad you did!
Walnut streusel truffle recipe
Yields 10 small truffles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 3 dashes salt
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips (or your favorite premium chocolate chips)
- Add a sheet of parchment paper to a large plate and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Then add the flour, brown sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and just 2 tablespoons of the walnuts (reserve the remaining walnuts for the topping). Mix the ingredients together until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into balls that are a little bit larger than a gumball (should yield about 10). Set aside for a moment.
- Add the chocolate chips to a small ramekin-size bowl. Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 60 seconds and then stir until all of the chips are completely melted.
- Use a small spoon to dip the streusel dough balls, one at a time in the chocolate. Cover the entire ball of dough with the chocolate. Then set each truffle on the parchment paper and top with the remaining diced walnuts. Let the truffles sit uncovered until the chocolate hardens (about an hour).
- Serve as is or alongside your favorite ice cream.