Fresh rolls are hard to beat, but they’re even better when they’re stuffed with pizza toppings! Use premade pizza dough to get these pretzel rolls on the table in a hurry.
A pizza surprise inside
Change things up for your next pizza night and make pizza-stuffed pretzel rolls instead. The whole family will love these cheesy treats!
Pizza-stuffed pretzel rolls recipe
- 1 batch premade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (like mozzarella or cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly flour your work surface and shape the dough into a long log. Cut log into 4 equal pieces, then cut each piece in half again, making 8 pieces. Cut each piece in half again to make 16 pieces of dough.
- Roll each dough piece on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin. Top with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon pepperoni.
- Wet your fingertips with water and wet the edges of the dough, then pull dough up and pinch the edges closed tightly, like a dumpling.
- Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat (like Silpat) and place rolls on top.
- Fill a large pot with water, leaving room for water to bubble (and deep enough for the rolls to fit in). Add the sugar and bring to a boil, then add the baking soda (watch for bubbling), then add the rolls (about 4 at a time). Allow rolls to boil for about 30 seconds, remove with a large slotted spoon and return to the baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a dark golden brown. Serve warm.