This delicately sweet homemade applesauce is simple and fresh! Simply cut up a few fresh apples and let them simmer away on the stove. Throw in any of your favorite spices, mash away and then devour!
Not sure what to do with all those apples sitting the fruit bowl? Well, you’re in luck! This simple applesauce recipe is lightly sweetened and spiced with just a dash of cinnamon. It’s a breeze to make and can be ready in about 30 minutes!
Easiest ever homemade applesauce recipe
Yield 4 servings
- 4 large apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup white sugar (use less if you desire a less sweet applesauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large pot add diced apples, apple cider, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover the pot and simmer over medium heat until the apples are tender and start to get mushy, about 20 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash the apples until they reach your desired consistency. If your applesauce is a bit thin, simply cook with the lid off until it has cooked down.
- Enjoy warm or chilled with a dash of cinnamon on top.