Looking to impress? This pie will do the trick! In-season pears, sharp Gorgonzola cheese and crunchy walnuts. You will love this one!
Pie does not just have to be sweet! This delicious pie gives you the best of both worlds! A little sweet and a little savory! It’s the perfect combination of pears, Gorgonzola cheese and crunchy walnuts. This is one dessert you won’t want to stop eating!
Pear, Gorgonzola and walnut pie recipe
Yields 4 miniature pies
- 1 store-bought pie crust, uncooked
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut dough into four pieces and press into 4 miniature tart or pie pans. If the dough does not fit perfectly just press in any cut-off overhanging dough.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together sliced pears, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cornstarch. Fill each tart with an equal amount of filling.
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts on top of the pies.
- Cover the pies loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, then decrease the heat to 375 degrees F and bake for another 30 minutes. Halfway through the 30 minutes remove the foil so the walnuts have a chance to toast.
- Serve warm or room temperature with ice cream if desired.