Trying to give up potato chips? These crunchy little treats are sweet, flavorful and healthy! That’s right. A healthy treat!
Looking for a healthy snack to help curb your sweet and salty cravings? Well, turn away from the potato chips and turn to these delicious roasted chickpeas. That’s right, chickpeas! They are full of nutrition, and, when roasted, they become a perfectly crunchy snack.
Honey cinnamon roasted chickpeas recipe
Yields about 1 cup
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Rinse canned chickpeas until they are clean. Remove the skins and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add olive oil, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar and salt to the bowl. Stir until all the chickpeas are coated evenly.
- Add chickpeas to the lined baking sheet and put in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes until toasted and give them a good toss. Bake for another 15 minutes until they are crispy. Remove from the oven and toss chickpeas with honey. Put back in the oven for about 5 minutes just to set up the honey.
Make a note
Because we added sugar and honey be careful to watch your chickpeas. They can burn very easily! It’s always better to overstir than understir.