Pancakes are not just reserved for sweet fillings. These pancakes are savory and perfect when served with dinner. They are filled with squash, carrots and red bell pepper.
Looking for a fun way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet? These savory vegetable-packed pancakes are just what you are looking for! They are packed full of zucchini, carrots, red bell pepper and perfect served as a side dish or as a light lunch.
Vegetable-packed pancake recipe
Yields 8 pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, kosher salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add grated vegetables and stir in egg and milk.
- Once combined, add in flour mixture. Stir until combined. This batter will get a little thinner as it sets because the zucchini will start releasing water. If it gets too watery simply add 1 tablespoon flour.
- Spray nonstick spray onto the griddle, add a little less than 1/4 cup batter, flatten (you want the pancakes thin) and cook till the bottom is browned and the top is starting to set. Flip and brown on the other side.
- Enjoy warm and, if it needs to be reheated, simply preheat an oven to 350 degrees F and warm in the oven.