Don’t resort to fast food for dinner! This simple dish combines crispy and flour tortillas and is the perfect weeknight dinner!
Taco Tuesday needs a face-lift! Now you don’t have to pick if you want a soft or a crunchy taco because this recipe contains them both! Creamy queso dip, spiced taco meat, crispy tostada shells, sour cream and fresh vegetables are all combined to create the perfect taco wrap.
Homemade taco wrap recipe
Yields 4 taco wraps
- 6 large burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup store-bought queso cheese dip
- 1 cup taco flavored meat
- 4 (6 inch) tostadas shells (you could also use corn chips if you cannot find tostada shells)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Lay out 4 flour tortillas and equally divide queso dip between each. Spread it out to create a 6-inch circle in the middle of the tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup taco flavored meat and then top with tostada shells.
- Divide sour cream and spread on top of the tostada shells.
- Top sour cream with an equal amount of lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
- Take the remaining two flour tortillas and cut each one into four quarters.
- Add two pieces (to create a 6-inch circle) over the top of each filled flour tortilla wrap.
- Working one flour tortilla wrap at a time, fold up the edges into a circle. You might have to keep your hand over the flour tortilla wrap to keep the edges from opening up.
- Once flour tortilla wrap is wrapped, spray nonstick spray into a large skillet and carefully flip the flour tortilla wrap seam side down into the pan. Cook over medium-low heat and press down on the flour tortilla with a spatula and flip when the bottom is browned, about 3 minutes. Cook for another 3 minutes on the remaining side.
- Continue with the rest of the flour tortillas until all are cooked.
- Cut in half and serve with salsa if desired.