Sometimes getting your children to eat a healthy snack is a complete fail especially if your child is a picky eater. Here we share this great idea for fruit and yogurt popsicles which focuses on using fresh or frozen fruits and yogurt. Simply blend the ingredients and freeze for a fantastic snack that makes kids happy and keeps moms smiling.
As a mom, nothing is more difficult than trying to incorporate healthier snack options into your children’s diet. Here we share this great recipe that uses any type of fresh or frozen fruit you have on hand and yogurt (we used Stonyfield YoKids brand) sweetened up with honey or agave nectar. Simply blend, freeze and enjoy. These are great for kids of any age especially in the warmer months.
Easy peasy fruit and yogurt popsicles recipe
Yield 6-8 popsicles depending on the size of molds or cups used
- 1 cup yogurt such as Stonyfield YoKids
- 1 cup either fresh or frozen fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, bananas or peaches
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 set of 6 popsicle molds (if you do not have a popsicle mold you can also use small paper cups, wooden sticks and aluminum foil)
- In a blender or a food processor add the fresh or frozen fruit, the honey and the yogurt blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Fill each of the popsicle molds 3/4 of the way full, then add the top. Place the mold in the freezer and freeze several hours or until the popsicles are frozen solid. Remove the tops from the mold and enjoy.
- If using paper cups follow the same process making sure not to overfill the cups. Place the paper cups on a dinner plate and cover with the aluminum foil. Make one small slit in the top of the foil over each cup and add a wooden stick (the foil will help support the stick until the popsicle freezes). Once frozen simply peel the paper cup away from the popsicle and enjoy.