Have you ever heard of Irish potatoes? If you answered no, you are in for a treat! Sweet little candies all rolled in cinnamon and perfect for snacking. These are the perfect St. Patrick’s day treat!
Irish potatoes are a classic St. Patrick’s Day treat. They are creamy, no-bake and a breeze to throw together. This is a fun candy project that the whole family can get into! All you need are a few simple ingredients and lots of little hands to do the rolling! This is one creamy candy that will be sure to impress!
Irish potato candy recipe
Yields 40 Irish potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl add butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until sugar is incorporated.
- Stir in coconut and start rolling mixture into small 2-bite potato-shaped pieces. Roll in ground cinnamon and set on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Let candies set up in the fridge and enjoy cold from the refrigerator or at room temperature.