Because holding a shamrock shake and a green beer in each hand is far too complicated, we’ve brought two of your favorites together in one delicious treat. This adult shamrock shake is heavy on the vodka and vanilla ice cream, though you can still make a kid-friendly version by skipping the booze.
Boozy shamrock shake recipe
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup whipped cream, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons crème de menthe
- Green food coloring
- Green sprinkles and shamrock cookies
- Into a blender, place the ice cream, milk, whipped cream, vodka, crème de menthe and a few drops of food coloring. Blend on low until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add additional crème de menthe for a mintier flavor.
- Pour the shakes into jars or milkshake glasses. Garnish with more whipped cream, green sprinkles and a shamrock cookie.
More St. Patrick’s Day recipes
Updated by Bethany Ramos on 3/1/16