Do you dunk them in milk, enjoy them as s’mores or top them with peanut butter? No matter how you eat them, you’re sure to enjoy this gluten-free cinnamon graham crackers recipe!
Everyone has a favorite way to enjoy graham crackers! What’s yours? This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week cinnamon graham crackers recipe is easy to make, doesn’t require too many ingredients (brown rice flour is the main ingredient) and yields a special treat! We’ve added cinnamon and sugar to the mix to give these favorites another pop of flavor. No matter what you pair with your cinnamon graham crackers, you’ll enjoy these!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free cinnamon graham crackers recipe
Adapted slightly from Gluten Free Baking
Yields about 1 dozen crackers
- 1-1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for topping
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Mix the 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Add the cubed butter to the mixture. Use a pastry cutter to mix in the butter until the mixture is coarse. There should be no chunks of butter left behind.
- Add the milk and honey to the mixture, and stir it together to form a dough.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper, sized about 12 inches by 16 inches. Dust it lightly with a bit of brown rice flour.
- Place the dough onto the parchment paper and pat it into a rectangle.
- Cut another piece of parchment paper, also sized 12 x 16 inches, and put it on top of the dough. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough so it’s about 1/8-inch thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and place the dough (along with the bottom piece of parchment paper) onto a baking sheet.
- Carefully score the dough into rectangles, about 6 inches by 3 inches in size, or smaller squares.
- Sprinkle the rectangles with the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then use a fork to prick the dough.
- Chill the dough for about 10 minutes, then bake for 15 minutes, or until the crackers are lightly browned.
- Cool the crackers on a wire rack (carefully slide the sheet of parchment, with the crackers remaining, off the baking sheet and onto the rack).
- When completely cool, carefully break the crackers apart and serve.
These goodies are a classic treat!