Baked whole fish and potatoes with rosemary and paprika
Baking a whole fish with potatoes is a good start to introducing healthy dinners to your family. It's so good that it will definitely become a regular on your table.
One of the best ways to enjoy whole fish is to put them in the oven with potatoes and spice them up with fresh rosemary, sweet paprika and extra-virgin olive oil. Easy, simple and definitely low fat. The whole family will love it!
Baked whole fish and potatoes with rosemary and paprika recipe
- 1 or 2 whole sea bass or any similar white fish, about 2 pounds
- 6 medium or 3 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika powder
- 8 twigs of fresh rosemary
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Gut fish and rinse under tap. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub fish with salt and pepper. Insert 4 twigs of rosemary into the stomach. On both sides of the fish, tie a couple of twigs each. If you don't have a cord to tie, just place them on top and under the fish.
- Place fish on an oiled baking pan. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- In a bowl, put the diced potatoes then sprinkle mild paprika, salt, pepper, needles and twigs of the remaining rosemary. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Mix with the hands until potatoes are well coated.
- Scatter potatoes around the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 30–35 minutes or until fish and potatoes are cooked through. The fish is cooked if you poke a knife at the center of the fish and see that the meat is not sticking to the bone anymore.