Lemon and oregano chicken fillet
All you need is just a few minutes to make this quick and delicious Sicilian chicken dish. Chicken soaked in lemon and oregano dressing will impress your taste buds!
If you only have a few minutes to spare, it doesn't mean that you cannot whip up something absolutely delectable in your kitchen. All you need is a lemon, chicken fillets and some dried oregano to make this delicious Sicilian chicken dish.
Lemon and oregano chicken fillet recipe
- 1 pound chicken fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil plus more for cooking
- Breadcrumbs to coat chicken
- Black pepper
- In a dish, mix lemon juice, salt, oregano and 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Mix well then set aside.
- Lightly brush chicken with extra-virgin olive oil on both sides. Don’t wet it too much.
- Cover both sides with breadcrumbs. Shake off excess.
- Saute in a hot saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil on medium–high fire. Brown both sides.
- While still hot, quickly dip both sides of cooked chicken in the lemon mixture. The longer you soak the chicken, the more it will absorb the flavor. One quick dip of both sides is enough if you want the flavor to be mild. If you want it stronger, let it stay longer in the lemon mixture.
- Pairs well with orange and lettuce salad.