Moneypenny martini recipe
The James Bond flicks are known for sexy, powerful gals who are as elegant as they are bada**. Not only has the most recent installment made Moneypenny a modern woman with her very own license to kill, Skyfall is nominated for six Academy Awards… one for SheKnows’ favorite sultry songstress (who was clearly born to sing for Bond) who got an Oscars nod with fellow songwriter Paul Epworth in the Best Original Song category. Celebrate strong, beautiful women with this strong, yet elegant martini.
- Chocolate syrup
- Gold cupcake sprinkles (found in the baking aisle)
- 2 ounces Skyy Vodka
- 1 ounce Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ounce half-and-half
- 3/4 once orange Grand Marnier liqueur
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup in a pretty pattern on the inside of a martini glass and place it in the freezer for about half an hour to set the design.
- Place the gold sprinkles on a small platter in a circular pattern around the same size as the martini glass’ rim. Using your index finger and thumb, rim the martini glass with just a bit of water (enough to dampen the rim, not enough to drip). Spin the martini glass upside-down in the sprinkles to rim the glass. Place the glass back in the freezer to keep the chocolate from melting.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, the vodka, the chocolate liqueur, the half-and-half and the orange liqueur. Shake to combine.
- Strain the mixture (without the ice) into the chilled martini glass.