Love coconut? Then this recipe is going to blow your mind. This no-bake recipe for coconut bars uses only a few simple ingredients such as shredded coconut, agave nectar and coconut oil, which are blended and chilled creating a really interesting treat.
One bite of these coconut bars, and you’ll be hooked! These are so simple to make and taste really delicious. The coconut flavor is not overpowering and actually offers just enough coconut flavor to make these bars truly special. This is also a great vegan/vegetarian recipe to show others that these sorts of treats aren’t boring.
No-bake coconut bars recipe
Adapted from chocolate covered Katie
Yields 6-8 bars
- 1 cup shredded coconut, plus 1 extra tablespoon for garnish (if desired)
- 1/4 cup agave or pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small square container or baking pan
- In a food processor, add all of the above ingredients except baking pan. Blend until the mixture is well incorporated and very sticky.
- Line the container with parchment paper and scoop the coconut mixture into the container and press down firmly to help pack it. Sprinkle with the extra tablespoon of shredded coconut if using and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow the bars to firm up.
- Remove and cut into bars. Store remaining bars in the refrigerator.