Asian beef steak with soy sauce
Skip the take-out and make your own Asian beef steak stir-fry at home in minutes. You probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen!
All Asian countries have their own wide range of dishes. This one comes from the Philippine kitchen to your table in just a few minutes using basic ingredients found in your fridge: soy sauce, lemon, beef and onions. Pair it with steamed white rice for a simple dinner.
Asian beef steak with soy sauce recipe
- 1 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (or more according to taste)
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- Extra-virgin olive oil (or any oil you have)
- Mix soy sauce, lemon and pepper in a bowl. Taste and adjust. Add beef slices and marinate for at least half an hour.
- In a saucepan with oil, saute onion rings for 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Drain marinated beef and save marinade.
- In the same pan where you sauteed the onions, saute beef slices until brown on both sides. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour marinade in the same pan and bring to a boil. When it boils, simmer for 5 minutes. If sauce is drying up or is too salty, add hot water and more lemon.
- Put back the beef and toss together for 3 minutes.
- Put back onion rings a couple of minutes before turning off the fire.
- Serve with hot steamed basmati or jasmine white rice.