An epic Fat Tuesday can only mean a bad Wednesday morning to follow. If you need something to take the edge off your Fat Tuesday fun, we have just the thing — a vitamin-packed purple Mardi Gras hangover shake.
This antioxidant- and potassium-packed shake is the perfect cure for that day-after-Mardi-Gras hangover. And with a variety of berries, banana and other fruits with almond milk to mix, it’s healthy too.
Fat Tuesday hangover cure shake recipe
If you forget to refrigerate your smoothie overnight, be sure to use the liquid ingredients first, and then slowly add in the frozen fruit. Always remember to start slowly. Increasing speed too quickly will create an air bubble and cause the blender’s blade to spin uselessly.
Serves 1 – 2
- 6 ounces almond milk
- 6 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces frozen blueberries
- 4 ounces frozen mixed berries
- 4 ounces frozen strawberries
- 2 ounces papaya
- 2 ounces guava
- 1 banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 slice kiwi (optional)
- 1 slice lemon (optional)
- Soak the frozen fruit in almond milk overnight in the refrigerator. The fruit should partially thaw and make for a smoother — and more drinkable — consistency.
- When you’re ready to banish your hangover, add the papaya, guava and banana (which you can prepare the day before), pour it all into a blender, and blend until smooth. Start slowly until you see a vortex begin to form, and slowly increase the speed.
- Garnish with kiwi and/or lemon slices for an extra-tart finish.
More hangover cures
Updated by Bethany Ramos on 2/5/2016