Take advantage of store-bought rotisserie chicken to make home-cooked meals in minutes, like this quick chicken Marsala.
Shortcuts to dinner
Chicken Marsala might sound fancy, but you can make this quick dish on a weeknight. Serve it over pasta for a hearty, one-bowl meal.
Quick chicken Marsala recipe
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups roughly chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, season with salt and cook until just soft. Add the mushrooms, parsley, oregano and sage. Stir to combine. Cook on medium heat until browned and caramelized, about 8 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and pour in almost all the wine (reserving about 2 tablespoons for later), increase the heat and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining Marsala wine until combined. When the sauce is simmering, pour in the cornstarch mixture and stir gently until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked pasta.