This dip is anything but bland! Here we use corn, an array of cheeses and spices to create this hot and cheesy corn dip. Perfect for any party or gathering and super simple to prepare.
This super-tasty dip is so simple to prepare. Not only can this dip be baked in the oven, if you have a slow cooker on hand it works just as well if not better! Great for parties or as a fun appetizer, this hot corn dip never disappoints.
Spicy hot corn dip recipe
- 2 (11 ounce) cans Mexican corn, drained
- 2 (4-1/2 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated white American cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peach salsa (or any flavor of salsa you have on hand)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Diced tomato, red onion, sliced green onions and fresh cilantro for garnish (Optional)
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the corn, chilies, cheeses, salsa, spices and salt and pepper. Mix well and spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for several minutes. Top with the diced tomatoes, red onions, sliced green onions and cilantro. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
You can also make this in the slow cooker to keep it hot for a gathering or party.