In this easy slow cooker chili recipe, we use lean ground turkey with black beans and spices to create a wonderfully hearty meal for busy week. Top it off with fresh avocado slices, a sprinkle of cheddar and a dollop of sour cream.
We all get busy during the week, so why add more stress trying to figure out ideas for dinner. Here we share a simple yet delicious chili that cooks itself in the slow cooker! Add all of the ingredients, set it and forget about it! No need to stress about dinner tonight!
Slow cooker black bean chili with lime and cheddar recipe
For the chili:
- 3 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (16 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounce) black beans
For the garnish:
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- To the slow cooker, add all of the ingredients for the chili. Set the slow cooker to low and allow to cook 8-10 hours or set to high and allow 4-6 hours for cooking time.
- Once the chili is completely cooked, ladle it into to bowls. Top with avocado, sour cream, cheddar cheese and a lime wedge.