Who doesn’t love seven-layer dip? In this fun recipe, we simply created mini versions of this tasty dish so that it’s super portable, and you don’t have to share. Great for parties, picnics or just to keep on hand for a quick snack. And since the sizes are portioned out, you won’t feel guilty about any overindulging.
Individual seven-layer dip recipe
If you don’t have sour cream or want to keep it a bit healthier, you can substitute plain Greek yogurt since both are thick, creamy and slightly tart.
- 12 small, clear, glass or plastic cups
- 1 (16-ounce) can black or regular refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups guacamole, homemade or store-bought
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 2 cups your favorite salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 – 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Tortilla chips (1 for each cup, plus additional for dipping)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the taco seasoning and refried beans, making sure they are combined well.
- In a plastic (or glass) cup, layer the dip (bean mix, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheddar cheese, green onions, tomatoes and olives, then top with a tortilla chip). Repeat for the remaining cups. Serve immediately.
- Tip: You can make these dips ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to eat. We suggest not adding the tortilla chips to the dips until you are ready to serve.
More mini recipes
Updated on 1/28/16