Conversation hearts are to Valentine’s Day as a pine tree is to Christmas. You just can’t have the holiday without them. However, they sort of taste like chalk, right? Instead of choking them down, why not stick them into something delicious, like these Funfetti Rice Krispies treats?
These brightly colored, heart-shaped treats are as fun to make as they are to eat! With the addition of conversation hearts, each treat has a fun saying and surprise. These make great snacks for your kids after school on Valentine’s Day. That is if they last that long!
Funfetti conversation heart Rice Krispies recipe
Recipe slightly adapted from Food Family Finds
Yields about 12 heart-shaped krispies
- 1 package marshmallows (about 40 large ones)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- About 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Conversation hearts
- Melted white chocolate
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add in large marshmallows. Heat until mixture is fully melted, stirring constantly, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the cereal, mini-marshmallows and sprinkles in a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the Rice Krispies and stir to combine. Add additional sprinkles if you’d like.
- Using your hands, press the mixture into a large 9 x 13-inch glass-baking pan. Push it down with your hands to smooth out lumps. While the mixture is still warm, press in conversation hearts all over the Rice Krispies.
- Chill Rice Krispies for about an hour. Once chilled, stamp out hearts with heart-shaped cookie cutters. Drizzle hearts with white chocolate and enjoy!