Meatless Mondays roll around but once a week. This recipe for green bean and ricotta frittata will make your Monday meal special!
If you’re on the lookout for an easy Meatless Monday meal, this one fits the bill. Whether you have fresh green beans or frozen, it’s a cinch to incorporate them into this super-simple and satisfying frittata.
The ricotta cheese adds creaminess, the eggs add substance and the green beans are an added veggie bonus! If you have leftovers, serve slices of the frittata on toast for breakfast the next day.
Green bean and ricotta frittata recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in half (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add to them the salt, pepper, half the green beans, half the ricotta and half the mozzarella. Mix and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the egg mixture. Cook until the bottom sets.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 6-7 minutes.
- When ready, carefully remove the skillet and add the remaining green beans over the top of the frittata. Dollop the remaining ricotta cheese over the top and sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place the frittata back in the oven on broil for just a few minutes, until the top turns golden and the cheese is bubbly. Keep a close watch on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Carefully remove it from the oven and sprinkle it with a bit of ground black pepper.
- Loosen the bottom of the frittata with a spatula and slide it onto a serving dish.
This is a simple, yet satisfying meatless dish!