King cake-inspired boozy milkshake
Put down that hurricane and step away from the margarita. We've just replaced those with a new, more delicious Mardi Gras libation. Grab a big jar of this king cake boozy milkshake for a luscious dessert and cocktail all in one!
Each sip tastes like your favorite king cake, just without all the work it takes to make one. They may taste innocent, but these shakes are strong. If you wake up on Bourbon Street with a ton of beads and a brain freeze, we can't be to blame.
King cake-inspired boozy milkshake recipe
- 2 cups cake batter ice cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- About 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup whipped cream vodka (or vanilla vodka)
- 1/2 cup crumbled king cake pieces (or regular vanilla cake)
- Green, purple and yellow sprinkles
- Place the ice cream, cream cheese, milk and whipped cream vodka in a blender. Blend on low until mixture is smooth. Add additional vodka or ice cream to taste.
- Stir in the cake pieces with a spoon. Pour mixture into a Mason jar. Garnish with whipped cream and Mardi Gras sprinkles.