Boozy red velvet shake with homemade ice cream
Valentine's Day is all about love, and what better way to show your adoration than with a boozy shake? This luscious boozy milkshake and homemade red velvet ice cream make the perfect romantic desserts for your cozy celebration at home.
Boozy red velvet milkshake recipe
The homemade ice cream is what makes the boozy shake so insanely delicious. Made with chunks of real red velvet whoopie pies, you get cake, thick creamy filling and luscious vanilla all in one bite. Paired with a hefty swig of cake vodka, and you have the world's most perfect Valentine's Day cocktail and dessert.
- 2-1/3 cups red velvet ice cream (recipe below)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup cake flavored vodka
- 1/2 red velvet whoopie pie, crumbled (use this recipe or store-bought)
- Whipped cream
- Place the ice cream, milk and vodka (starting with 3 tablespoons) into a blender. Blend on low until mixture is creamy. Add additional vodka to taste.
- Garnish with whipped cream and crumbled red velvet whoopie pie bits.
Homemade red velvet ice cream recipe
Serves about 6
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 red velvet whoopie pies, crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the milk, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla with a handheld mixer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 to 4 minutes. Cover with foil and let chill for at least an hour.
- Once chilled, pour mixture into a frozen canister of an ice cream maker. Add 3/4 of the red velvet chunks and turn on. Let ice cream mix for about 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Add more chunks if you prefer chunkier ice cream.
- Garnish with remaining whoopie pie crumbles and enjoy!