Corn dogs turned muffins! Here we take the classic idea of a corn dog and turn it into a simple bite-sized version. In this recipe you can feel free to use any type of hot dog you choose, meaning everyone can enjoy! Serve these bites with ketchup, mustard or barbecue sauce.
Oh to be a kid again! We all remember going to the state fair and filling up on corn dogs! Here we take that childhood favorite and turned it into something simple, tasty and fun for all to enjoy. You can use any type of hot dog in this recipe. Since these bake up in no time, they are great after-school snacks for the kiddos.
Mini corn dog muffins recipe
Yields 12 mini corn dog muffins
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 hot dogs (any type works, chicken, beef, pork or even veggie dogs)
- 1 mini muffin pan
- 12 mini muffin pan liners
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Lightly spray the muffin pan with cooking spray and line with the muffin liners.
- In a bowl mix the cornbread mix, honey, 1 egg and the milk until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth. Slice each of the 3 hot dogs into 4 pieces. Place 1 of the hot dog pieces in each of the muffin cups (should be 12 total). Spoon the batter over each of the hot dogs so that it is completely covered.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the batter has cooked completely. Allow to cool several minutes and remove from the muffin pan. Serve with your choice of dips such as ketchup, mustard or barbecue sauce.
More mini recipes
Mini meatball sliders
Leftover mini green bean frittatas
Mini no-bake brownie batter cheesecakes
Leave a Comment