Want a super-easy but super-delicious appetizer? Look no further than these sweet and savory stuffed dates. Plump medjool dates are stuffed with a savory cheese mixture creating a burst of flavors. These are perfect on a cheese plate, as a snack or as a quick-and-elegant start to any menu.
Medjool dates are nature’s candy. They have a super-sweet almost caramel-like flavor and a soft chewy texture. These sweet treats are packed full of vitamins and minerals. They can help boost your energy levels and even help keep you feeling full after eating them. Here we use these dates as a base in our recipe and simply stuff them with a tangy creamy mixture of goat cheese and Gorgonzola cheese. These little bites are bursting with flavor and are very satisfying. Serve them with fresh fruit and a chilled glass of white wine at your next dinner party!
Sweet and savory stuffed dates recipe
- 12 medjool dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans (you also use walnuts), finely chopped in a food processor
- Baking sheet
- Fresh herbs such as thyme or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- With a sharp knife, slice each date lengthwise to remove the seed as well as to create an opening to stuff the dates. In a small bowl combine the goat cheese and the gorgonzola cheese, mixing well.
- With a small spoon carefully stuff each date with the cheese mixture and sprinkle with the finely chopped nuts. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has heated through, and the nut topping is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool several minutes before eating.