Looking for a game day dip that everyone (including your vegan friends) can enjoy? Serve up this easy homemade queso! Made with vegan cheese, salsa and fresh vegetables, this dip is just as delicious as the regular, without all the preservatives or dairy!
The only thing this dip is missing is the cheese, but you won’t notice that after a few bites. The spice from the salsa and the gooey melted texture from the vegan cheese give this queso the texture and flavor you crave in an appetizer on Super Bowl Sunday!
Easy vegan queso dip recipe
Serves about 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white or yellow onions
- 1 cup Daiya cheddar-style shreds
- 1/4 cup Daiya pepperjack-style shreds
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup chipotle salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add salsa and heat another 2 minutes. Add cheeses and salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture constantly until cheese is melted and mixture is thick and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or vegetables!