Everyone loves brownies but why not take them to a whole new level. Here we share a super-easy recipe using boxed brownie mix and adding a tangy cheesecake layer with swirls of sweet raspberry preserves mixed in.
Does the thought of thick, chocolaty, fudgy brownies topped with a raspberry cheesecake layer sound delicious to you? If the answer is yes, then this is a great recipe for you! You can always make homemade brownies from scratch but let’s face it not all of us have the time or patience. Using a simple boxed brownie mix saves a lot of time and the cheesecake layer is fail proof. The raspberry preserves add just a hint of fruity flavor to make this a wonderful and unique dessert.
Raspberry cheesecake swirl brownies recipe
Yields 12 brownies
For the brownies:
- 1 family-size box brownie mix (size that requires a 13 x 9-inch baking dish)
For the cheesecake layer:
- 12 ounces cream cheese (1-1/2 packages), room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves (you can substitute strawberry)
- Preheat the oven as directed on the box of brownie mix. Prepare the brownie batter as instructed on the box and pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter and smooth with a knife or the back of a spoon to cover the brownie batter.
- Drop dollops of raspberry preserves into the cheesecake batter. Gently swirl the batters together with a butter knife (helps give the swirl effect). Bake the brownies for 40-45 minutes or until the center is cooked completely and the cheesecake layer is set.
- Cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Slice into bars and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to several days.