Eating right doesn’t have to mean bland food. These lightened-up sandwich recipes are full of flavor but won’t leave you feeling guilty.
If you’re still holding tight to that New Year’s resolution to eat healthier, we have good news for you — light lunches don’t have to be boring! By swapping mayonnaise for Greek yogurt, adding flavorful ingredients and using Arnold Sandwich Thins, your lunch is not only tasty but it’s also light. For those of you keeping track of your Weight Watchers PointsPlus values, you’ll be glad to know these rolls are only 3 points and 100 calories each. So go ahead, eat up!
Mediterranean tuna salad sandwich recipe
With bursts of flavor from sun-dried tomatoes, onion and capers, this is not your usual tuna sandwich!
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Arnold 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, tomatoes, onion, parsley, capers and relish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mustard, olive oil and pepper, to taste. Pour yogurt mixture over tuna mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread tuna mixture onto Sandwich Thins.
Crunchy creamy chicken salad sandwich recipe
Jazz up chicken salad by adding crunchy almonds and celery, plus grapes that pop in your mouth.
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Arnold Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, almonds and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread chicken mixture onto Sandwich Thins.