Valentine’s Day cocktails for every relationship status
Whether you've found Mr. Right or are still on the hunt, Valentine's Day is a great reason to get together and celebrate love and friendship! Here are sparkling cocktail recipes for every occasion, from a romantic dinner for two to girls' night in.
Curl up on the couch with some popcorn and chick flicks and celebrate the beauty of friendship with cran-pomegranate mimosas and your best girlfriends.
Yields 4-6 mimosas
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 1 cup orange juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1 bottle (750mL) Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut
- Chilled pomegranate arils for garnish
- Combine all juices and orange liqueur in large pitcher.
- Slowly add Cordon Negro Brut and stir.
- Pour into Champagne flutes garnished with a few pomegranate arils.
Raspberry mint rosé bellini
Even if you plan on eating dinner out, why not have dessert at home? Fresh and lightly sweet, this raspberry mint rosé bellini is the perfect end to a romantic dinner.
Yields 1 bellini
- 1 spoonful raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1/2 ounce vodka (optional)
- 4 ounces Freixenet Cordon Rosado
- 2-3 frozen raspberries for garnish
- Mint for garnish
- Combine the softened sorbet and vodka into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Add the Cordon Rosado to the shaker and stir to combine. Strain into a Champagne flute and garnish with raspberries and mint.
Frozen raspberries will not only give your bellini gorgeous garnish, but will also keep it chilled without watering it down.
Barcelona mule cocktail recipe
If pink and red aren't your thing, try this on for size. This rustic sparkling wine cocktail is a relaxed way to enjoy a drink together without all of the hype of Valentine's Day. You could even surprise your sweetheart with some copper cups to enjoy it in!
Yields 1 mule
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 ounces ginger-infused vodka (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- Mint for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine the simple syrup and ginger vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 10-15 seconds and strain into a glass with a few ice cubes.
- Fill the rest of the glass slowly with Freixenet while stirring.
- Add a splash of lime juice. Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.
Simple syrup recipe
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine both ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer on the stove for 15 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and the water has reduced a bit.
- Let cool and use for cocktails.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Ginger-infused vodka recipe
- 2 cups vodka
- 4 to 5 1-inch pieces of fresh ginger, peeled
- Place vodka in a glass container and add ginger pieces.
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and let infuse in the refrigerator overnight or up to 3 days. Use in cocktail recipes.