Want to surprise the kids?! This layered pudding treat will put them right into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit. Vanilla pudding is dyed the colors of the rainbow and layered in a tall glass. The kids will go crazy!
Want to make a delicious dessert that is sure to impress? This fun and colorful pudding will bring a smile to everyone’s face. The best part — it is a breeze to put together! All you need is some tasty vanilla pudding and food coloring. It’s really that simple! Who needs gold at the end of a rainbow when you can be rewarded with this tasty pudding?
Layered rainbow pudding recipe
Yields about 4 – 6 layered pudding cups
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Make pudding according to box directions. Once the pudding is cold and set, it’s time to start dyeing the pudding.
- Divide pudding between six bowls.
- You want to make six different colors, violet, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. In order to make violet you mix blue with red: three drops of blue with one drop of red.
- After colors have been made, layer the pudding into your desired glass in the following order: violet, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. Add some sprinkles on top for a little more color. To layer in pudding you can either carefully do it with a spoon or use a piping bag.