Tired of the same old appetizers? These simple stuffed mushrooms are perfect for game day or even a light dinner. Packed full of flavor and simple to throw together.
These simple stuffed mushrooms are the perfect addition to your appetizer spread. They are filled with a mixture of spicy sausage, cream cheese and spinach. You won’t want to stop eating these bad boys! Don’t worry, we won’t tell if you eat a whole pan yourself.
Spinach and spicy sausage stuffed mushroom recipe
Yields 20-25 stuffed mushrooms
- 20-25 large stuffing mushrooms
- 4 links spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons greated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Finely chop stems and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add sausage and saute until crispy and browned. Add in chopped spinach and chopped mushrooms stems. Cook until the spinach is wilted and the stems are soft.
- Add in brick of cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is melted and mixture is creamy.
- Fill mushrooms with 1-2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture. If there is any of the mixture left after filling all the mushrooms, simply add more filling to the already stuffed mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms to a casserole dish and cook for about 15-20 minutes until the filling is hot and the mushroom caps are soft.
- Sprinkle the hot mushrooms with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
More appetizer recipes
Baked black bean taquitoes recipe
Healthy baked crab rangoon recipe
Pepperoni cheese stick roll-ups recipe
Leave a Comment