Open-face tuna melts
It's time to bring the diner to your dinner! This simple open-faced sandwich is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and simply delicious.
We are taking a fancier approach to classic diner food. The tuna melt has always been an old-fashioned favorite, and now you can make it home! A few ingredients are all you need, and you can go from diner classic to an at-home lunch!
Open-face tuna melt recipe
Yields 5 open-face sandwiches
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons small diced onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 5 slices ciabatta bread
- 5 half slices tomato
- 5 small slices provolone cheese
- In a small bowl mix together tuna, mayonnaise, onion, relish, salt and pepper and chopped eggs.
- Add equal amounts of the tuna mixture to one side of each slice of the bread.
- Top bread with tomato slice and provolone cheese.
- Put sandwiches on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook under the broiler until the cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.