Brownie heart sandwiches make perfectly packable Valentine's Day treats
It's no secret that chocolate and raspberry are the perfect pair. If you're looking for a decadent dish to serve to your other half this Valentine's Day, look no further than this creative treat. These sweet sandwiches, made from dark chocolate brownies cut into hearts and filled with raspberry buttercream, are good enough to eat.
Brownie heart sandwiches with raspberry buttercream recipe
Yields 3 – 6 (depending on size)
- Dark chocolate brownie mix for a 9 x 13-inch pan
- 1/3 cup defrosted frozen raspberries (or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon raspberry liqueur
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Make the brownies according to the box directions. Line the pan with parchment before adding the mix to the pan. This way you can easily pull the brownies out of the pan to cool and cut.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut them into heart shapes. Your sandwich count will depend on the size of your cutter.
- To make the frosting, to the large bowl of a stand mixer, add the raspberries, raspberry liqueur, salt and butter. Mix on medium until blended.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar until fluffy. If your mixture is too loose, simply add a little more powdered sugar. If your mixture is too thick, you can thin it out with a little milk.
- Spread the frosting on top of 1 brownie heart, and top with another brownie heart. Enjoy alone or with ice cream.
More chocolate recipes
Updated by Bethany Ramos on 1/19/16