Homemade Wendy's Frosty
Looking for more homemade treats? This simple frosty drink is perfectly homemade and preservative free. Don't worry that it's winter. Ice cream is perfect anytime of the year.
Looking for a delicious homemade chocolate treat? This made-at-home Frosty is similar to what you can buy at your local fast food joint, but made with fresh ingredients. The recipe only calls for four ingredients and an ice cream maker. This is one frozen drink your family will love!
Homemade Frosty recipe
Yields 1 quart
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought chocolate milk
- 7 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- In a large bowl add chocolate milk and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk together until completely mixed.
- Add mixture to frozen ice cream maker bowl and add to ice cream maker. Run for 15-20 minutes until it's the texture of soft serve ice cream.
- While the chocolate mixture is freezing start working on the cream mixture.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add heavy cream and vanilla paste. Mix on medium speed until soft peaks are formed.
- Once chocolate mixture is soft serve texture, take it out of the frozen bowl, add to a large bowl and fold in whipped cream. Either serve immediately (to keep the traditional Frosty texture) or freeze to create a more firm, ice cream like, texture.