Fig jam, onion and goat cheese pizza
Looking to go gourmet? Or maybe you just want a simple appetizer treat? This crispy pizza is packed full of flavor and perfect for almost any night of the week.
Looking for a tasty alternative to your traditional Friday night pizza? This pizza has been jazzed up with sharp goat cheese, sweet fig jam, mellow red onions and topped with a sprinkle of fresh arugula. You will love this gourmet twist!
Fig jam, onion and goat cheese pizza recipe
Yields 1 large pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup fig jam
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 large handful arugula
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stretch dough into a round, oval or square shape. You can also split the dough into two chunks and two smaller pizzas as well.
- After your dough is stretched and placed onto the parchment paper, baste it with the olive oil.
- Spread out the crumbled goat cheese and then the fig jam.
- Top with red onion, sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and bake for about 18 minutes until the dough and toppings are golden brown.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top warm pizza with arugula. Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy.